question

faithful avatar image
faithful asked

Quattro 10000VA

Hi. Having solar panels and battery storage. I’m being told that I can’t have a Quattro 10000VAas it’s no grid tied compliant under a G99 application. And must have 2 x Multiplus 2.

And if I do have the Quattro it must be independently signed off/commissioned, not by the installer?

Does anyone have any expertise/experience on this at all please?

quattro 10kva
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Quattro 10kVA has a G99 certificate.
See certificates section here: https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/certificates
Also, it is on the type testing register as compliant. On the ENA register, search for "Quattro" in the top left box. https://www.ena-eng.org/gen-ttr/

2 |3000

faithful avatar image
faithful answered ·

Thanks both! And do you know if it’s better to have the Quattro 10kva or 2 x Multiplus ii 5kva?

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@faithful

It is better to have one big unit than two.

1 Like 1 ·
faithful avatar image
faithful answered ·

I’ve been told that there is a relay that needs to be placed in front of the Quattro for grid tied solutions and that g59 commission need to happen before it is used. If that helps anyone or if anyone has any further comments. Thanks

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic