question

jbeletti avatar image
jbeletti asked

Use of Ferrules in Mains In/Out of MultiPlus

I'll soon be installing a MultiPlus 12-3000-120 and I'll be using SOOW 6/4 cord for the Mains in and out. Each conductor has 133 fine copper strands. I'm a bit concerned about connecting this wire to the Mains in/out lugs of the MultiPlus. Should I consider using 4/0 ferrules? And would they fit in the connector hole of the lug of the MultiPlus?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
digima avatar image
digima answered ·

Using ferule with flexible / stranded wire is a recommended practice to contain your whole wire enhancing the contact when the screw is tightened against the ferule.

All the wire connections on my multiplus are feruled, using several diameters matching the different lugs sizes

Use the recommended wire diameter for the amps, even larger, as long as the lugs is accepting the chosen diameter.

For my 230v 16 amps AC out, I could have used 2.5 mm2, but I wired with 4mm2 to adjacent modular distribution rail, with ferules on both extremities.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jbeletti avatar image jbeletti commented ·

Thanks @Digima. I plan to use ferrules on my mains in/out. For DC in/out,I'll be using lugs that match the wire gauge (4/0) and the stud diameter.

I suppose this practice would be good for my MPPT as well. I'll be using 4 AWG fine-strand on that.

0 Likes 0 ·