question

modrok avatar image
modrok asked

Victron BMV-712 - +B1/+B2 Wire Removal

Hi,

I recently had a Victron BMV-712 installed by someone else however I have worked out that they wired the temperature sensor incorrectly.

I am trying to release cables from the +B1 and +B2 terminals on the shunt however I have very limited visibility in the spot the shunt is installed.

What is the "trick" to get the +B1 and +B2 terminals to release? There is a small orange "clip" but I am unsure how this works. Any assistance would be really appreciated.

Cheers,

Jeff

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

You need to push the clip down towards the PCB (in the opposite direction to the way the wire pulls out).
If you can see (or feel) a small slot in the orange clip, this is to aid pushing in that direction with a small screwdriver, then the wire should pull out easily.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

modrok avatar image modrok commented ·

Hi WKirby - thanks heaps for the response - this did the trick, much appreciated!

Cheers,

Jeff

1 Like 1 ·
shammer1 avatar image shammer1 commented ·
Plugged a wrong wire into a port and could not get it out, wire was too long. This was exactly what I needed to get it back out. Thank you so much.
1 Like 1 ·