question

waninae39 avatar image
waninae39 asked

3 phase power, Y input and no delta

i read on the victron site that the only power input for 3 phase was Y, no delta input allowed.

output can be delta or Y

is this true, some countries use delta and some use 3. this not end user selectable in a particular country

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@waninae39

Victron is a Neutral referenced system in 3 phase.

For the some countries on Delta, there are creative solutions. A few have been discussed on the forum.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

If you need to create a neutral point in a delta system, there is a special Z wound transformer that can do this. Power rating of the transformer needs to be equal to the imbalance of the phase loads.

2 |3000

Johann PILARCZYK avatar image
Johann PILARCZYK answered ·

I've got this problem. And there is a solution but first I had to say that you can't recreate delta output 3x 230V.
Just act, you need 3 Victron appliances (like Y treephases), and balanced each loads like it is in your fusebox.
In my case, as I use 3 lines of micro-inverters mono 230V, I can connect it to each Victron in case of power failure from GRD (and charge batteries if exist).

2 |3000