question

keith baker avatar image
keith baker asked

Connecting shunt to inverter

I have a Victron multiplus II GX 5000 48v 50/70 and a lynx shunt 1000 a lynx Distributor 1000 two victron mppt 150/45 , how do I connect the shunt to the inverter.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

@Keith baker Have you read the manual, located here if you need it? In section 5.1 there is an example setup, showing Lynx Distributer, MPPT, Inverter/Charger, Battery Protect (for loads) and batteries.

As the Inverter is VE.Bus, and the Lynx Shunt is VE.Can the Cerbo GX mediates data between the various systems. If the MPPTs are connected to VE.Direct the Cerbo mediates data and control between all three and provides all necessary control. Take a look at the Cerbo GXmanual here

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

keith baker avatar image keith baker commented ·
So the multiplus II GX doesn’t have a VE.can port , I’ll need to get the Cerbo GX to link the together
1 Like 1 ·
keith baker avatar image
keith baker answered ·

So The multiplus GX II doesn’t have a VE.can Port for the Victron lynx shunt 1000 , can I connect a victron Touch screen with the multiplus GX II , if it doesn’t support GX product’s why is it a GX .

2 |3000

bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

@Keith baker Have you taken a look at the MultiPlus II GX manual? It is located here. It does not have a standard can or ve.can port, just a BMS.Can port. Section 4.1.2 has this statement

The BMS-Can connection allows connecting of compatible 500 kbps CAN-bus BMS batteries. VE.Can products as for example Victron MPPT Solar Chargers, or a Lynx Shunt VE.Can are NOT supported.

The MultiPlusII GX has an integrated GX device within it. To understand the relationship between the GX product set, take a look at this link. the GX Touch is not compatible with the MultiPlusIIGX.

What is your design, you might want to talk to your supplier about your design and integration of the components purchased.

1 comment
2 |3000

keith baker avatar image keith baker commented ·
Yes I’ve looked at the manual for the multiplus II GX , I can connect one mppt , I have two mppt, I can connect a smart shunt but not the victron lynx shunt 1000 , so I need to get a Cerbo GX or a different inverter, so if I get the Cerbo GX will that over ride the built in GX in the inverter
0 Likes 0 ·