question

JohnC avatar image
JohnC asked

MPPT 150/100 Strange Behaviour - Not Charging

48/5000 Easysolar box, Feb 2017 installation. Never seen this before.

Stopped charging suddenly today (late afternoon in Australia). Batts up, little load, but it stopped. Of course I go through all the usual procedures I can think of, like reboot CCGX, switch all off'n'on pv, even the inverter & net.

I'm beyond my level of expertise with this, and what may be wrong? Supplier is a 9 hour drive away and was a diy installation anyway. Just wiring involved with the Easy, and I think I've checked all that to extremes.

Clues: Pv voltage still says ~122V (normal Voc), but just 3-4W output. Yeh still sunny. Switch off the pv, ~98V, and 1-2W. Confirmed the V's with a multimeter. The W may well be 'remnants', but I'm suspicious of the 98V, which is reproducible. Is this typical behavior?

For now, entering evening, I'll leave it till the morn to see what tomorrow brings. Have an old Outback FM80 I could wire in as a stopgap, but a helluva shame to replace the blue with black, even temporarily..

Can anyone help me? Am I just missing something simple?

Please..

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Feeling a little embarrassed this morning, as all has returned to normal. ??

I know how reliable this Victron kit is, so was a little stunned when it happened. Maybe all the planets aligned for a software glitch? Nah...

Anyhows, all seems well now, so no answer necessary. Delete this post if you see fit.

Keep up the good work Matthijs, staff & contributors. Love my Victron kit.. :)

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Please make sure the unit is on firmware 1.37.

More info coming soon.

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Yes 1.37, updated shortly after the online Venus allowed it..

1 Like 1 ·
chasen avatar image
chasen answered ·

Hello there from Colombia, I apperently ran into the same problem, yesterday before noon suddenly stopped charging with battery below 90% and plenty of sun...

Connected with VictronConnect updated to the newest firmware and still nothing.

Shows the correct voltage (~120V) incoming from the panels but 0A, battery voltage being 24,36V.

Any help very appreciated as I dont wont to put to work the diesel gen everyday...

Best regards,

Christian

2 |3000