question

ako avatar image
ako asked

Multiplus Skips Bulk phase

Multiplus wont go into Bulk , First time i have needed to use it to charge and it went straight to Absorption even with only 24.5 volts when setpoint is 28.8 volts . Tried with UPS selected and deselected , makes no difference to anything .

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@AKO

Do you have a GX? Check what is set as the battery monitor there.

In the multi internal SOC monitoring set as well?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ako avatar image
ako answered ·

Not sure what you mean Alexandra . I dont have a battery monitor but i do have a Cerbo GX and its only the Temperature sensor thats fed into it and set to be read by the Multplus . I used Victron Configure through VRM to adjust the set points from default and they are set at 28.8 and Float at 27 with 0.5 mv temperature compensation . Other than turning off UPS which didnt do anything so i turned it back on again i didnt do anything else . As screenshots show input went up and down with load starting and stopping which it indicative of Absorption phase so it confirmed what the VE Bus State shows .

Just went through the Remote Consul and noticed it does say Battery Monitor which was set at " NO BATTERY MONITOR " , This was one of the things i didnt think applied to my system as i only have Blue Solar Charge Controled , Multiplus and Cerbo , assumed it was for larger systems with shunts and other pieces of equipment i don't have so i left it alone . What is that selection options for , where is the data used .

1.png2.png

1.png (17.3 KiB)
2.png (28.4 KiB)
2 |3000