question

eugene avatar image
eugene asked

MPPT 75|15 showing 0A charge current

I've connected a 20W solar panel (producing 18V & 1.1A) and a 12V lead acid AGM battery to the charge controller. During the test, my PV measured at 18.2V and battery at 12.8V. However, the victron connect app shows that the PV reading is 18V with 0W & 0A. In addition, i noted that the blue LED is permanently ON (in bulk state). Can someone point out whether is my battery being charged and why is the reading at 0W & 0A?

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Dave avatar image
Dave answered ·

Check battery voltage at both the controller and battery terminals. Also check the solar panel is connected with the right polarity.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

eugene avatar image eugene commented ·

At the controller, the PV & Battery voltages were indeed 18V and 12.8V respectively. The battery terminal also did reflect 12.8V. Polarities were checked too..

0 Likes 0 ·
zuzullo avatar image
zuzullo answered ·

I have a similar setup :) curious to know the outcome.

1 comment
2 |3000

Care to share the outcome of your test?

0 Likes 0 ·
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

With a 5v difference between battery voltage and PV voltage the controller is supposed to start charging. Your difference is 5,2v, have you tried adding another 20w panel in series to see if it will start charging then?

1 comment
2 |3000

Currently i only have a 20W panel. Might try to upsize my panels to see if it works but still, according to the manual, Vbatt + 5V will kickstart the charging process and this is confirmed by a steady blue LED as shown by the controller.

0 Likes 0 ·
Dave avatar image
Dave answered ·

I would contact Victron as it sounds as it may be a faulty unit or needs some configuration?

Mine gave me grief until I paid out more hard earned for the bluetooth add on. A quick reset and all was (and is still is) perfect, I am pretty pissed off that there is not a simple button, the bluetooth 'add on' now thrown in a box, never know might need it again someday?

Dave

2 |3000