question

microenergysystems avatar image
microenergysystems asked

Multiplus 12/500/20 Intermittent shut downs

I put together the UPS unit for the disabled guy using the Multiplus 12/500/20
It’s to supply an 60Watt air mattress pump. The air bed continuously changes shape to minimise pressure sores. It runs all night but not during most of the day.

I paired it with a LiFePo 100Ah “VoltX” battery.

A couple of issues.
1). When I test it with a simulated power fail it works fine, goes to invert no problem and supplies load.

2). When I switch the mains back on it goes into charge mode for about 30seconds then turns off while it reconnects which takes about 20-30 seconds. It then runs on mains no problem for an extended period. I tried the test several times with the same result.

3). There does not seem to be any mains voltage or frequency fluctuation issues before this happens. (Monitoring the Victron connect screen) I checked the settings via Victron connect and made sure of the following;

i).UPS function is turned off

ii). Grid settings are “accept wide input frequency range”

iii).AES is disabled.

4). The customer now tells me that the inverter has had the same behaviour 3 or 4 times in the last 48 hours, 10pm, 2am, 9am.

Why would the inverter be intermittently resetting? Ie turning off, disconnecting and reconnecting?

The bed is a critical piece of medical support equipment and my UPS is now compromising its function, I need some help with this.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Any reason for turning UPS off?

That adds the delay.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.