question

valentin-t avatar image
valentin-t asked

Installation of ESS assistant and "VE BUS Error 6 : Error in DDC Program " + "assistant error"

Hello,

I have just installed a MULTIPLUS 2 GX 48/3000/35, and a COLOR CONTROL GX + 3 PYLONTECH US2000 (batteries). There is also a solar PV inverter (SMA SB 2.5). First, all is right, it is a success to configure the color control to see on the screen of the color control all of this components (MULTIPLUS, PYLONTECH battery, PV inverter). The update of the color control has been realized. Then, it is also a success to configure correctly le VRM portal, where all these components are visible ; then it is also OK to download the .rvsc file, to open it with Veconfig, and to add the ESS assistant (by checking the ESS documentation, the good configuration of the battery with the Victron documentation about de Pylontech battery, etc.).

Then, when I upload the new .rvsc file in the system, with the VRM portal : it is OK, the upload of the .rvsc file is a success.

Some precisions : the MULTIPLUS 2 GX is connected to the color control with the VE BUS, the PYLONTECH battery is connected to the color control with the victron cable A type (CAN BUS 500 kbits/s), only the color control is connected to the ethernet and internet network(RJ45).

The problems are happening now : after that : there are two errors :

- Alarm low battery (in reality, the battery Pylontech is full - 100%)

- On the VRM portal : "VE BUS Error 6 : Error in DDC Program", and the screen of the Multiplus shows : VE Bus error 6 assistant error"

After that, the MULTIPLUS is OFF.

I don't now if it is necessary to do the firmware update, as the MULTIPLUS 2 GX and the color control are new. I don't want to try too many things to make the situation worse.

Do you have a solution ?

Best regards

Multiplus-IIESSerror
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Your system already has a built in GX. Did you disconnect it from the inverter so only the CCGX is connected to it?

You can't have two connected.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

valentin-t avatar image
valentin-t answered ·

Hello, finally I just reboot the MULTIPLUS II GX and after that I have the ESS assistant on the color control and the MULTIPLUS works (with the ESS configuration). The two errors has disapperead. Good news !

Nickdb, thanks for your remark, as yes it is now necessary to test de good working with the SMA SB2.5 (and its energy meter...) in all conditions (with and without public electricity network, with a lot of sun, the night, etc.). I will try to resume the working of the installation in several days if it can helps people who has the same configuration. I hope that all will be good,

Best regards,

2 |3000