question

jppeters44 avatar image
jppeters44 asked

What does Victron SmartSolar MPPT 150|85-Tr Solar Charge Controller readout display?

Question of ignorance from a newbie. I have a Victron MMPT 150/85 installed on my Motorhome. I have six 200-watt (1200 watts total) BougeRV 9BB solar panels on the roof to charge six-100 AH lithium batteries. Individually the panels will produce a measured 9.9 amps at 19.9 volts.(197 watts). They are connected as two sets of three panels in parallel (19 volts, 30 amps for each set). The two sets are connected in series to produce 38 volts, 30 amps going to the controller. The current is run to the controller through 10 gauge wire.

The batteries are already charged from shore power. In bright sunlight the controller shows 14.1 volts and 40 amps - 560 watts. Is this reading the voltage and amps going to the batteries from the controller, or the volts and amps coming to the controller from the solar panels? Put another way, does the controller reading depend on the state of charge of the batteries?

All feedback is appreciated.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Those are the values on the battery side.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jppeters44 avatar image jppeters44 commented ·
How do you determine the output of the solar panels coming to the controller?
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Assuming you have a smart model MPPT, download the victron connect app. Default Bluetooth PW is six zeroes. Make sure you use the app to connect, not the phone Bluetooth

2 |3000