question

ralphie avatar image
ralphie asked

SmartSolar not working in my ESS setup

Hi,

I have an MP2 48/5000 with inverter on the input (EM24 is on the way...). Also 4x12 V batteries on SmartShunt setup. The ESS is a 'self-consumption' system.

I've added a SmartSolar 250/70 and connected 2 panels of 375 Wp each. I cannot get the SmartSolar to work. It say 'charging' and 'External control' but only 2 Watt is displayed:

screenshot-20220831-161006.png

dsc-0753.jpg

dsc-0752.jpg

dsc-0751.jpg

The panels are 78 V and the batteries 51.5 V, so +5 V is met.

Can anyone confirm this not to work? DC feed-in is enabled and the solar power should also be used to power the loads.

Another thing is the SmartSolar is second hand, so maybe it is just broken. How to test that in an easy way?

Kind regards and thanks for any help.

Ralph.

ESScharger
dsc-0753.jpg (707.9 KiB)
dsc-0752.jpg (564.6 KiB)
dsc-0751.jpg (600.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Ralphie

Unplug it from the GX device. Reset it and uodate it if necessary.

Reprogram battery type and voltages.

Switch on connected PV and see what it does.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

crash-override avatar image
crash-override answered ·

Check your charging voltages in your SmartShunt because I think it takes over control like a lithium BMS because your charger says external control.

You can check status of control in your GX device und er Settings - System Setup - System status.

With DVCC you can override Settings but not recommended, but you can test it there.

The solution Form @Ralphie works too, all settings in charger will be used instead of the given from your gx device.

2 |3000

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic