question

waymaker avatar image
waymaker asked

Quattro not responding

I've hit a problem that is puzzling me and wonder if you can help? Bascically the Victron Quattro inverter won't come back on. My set up is on a sail boat. I have 11 x 100 amp hr house bank, 2 x 100 amp hr bow thruster bank and an engine starter battery bank. I'll give you the history as may be very relevant....a couple of months ago when building an aft liferaft locker, I needed to disconnect the white pacer boat cable from the stern input socket which has a black, a green and a white conductor inside. I then re wired the plug with white to live, green to earth and black to neutral. Connected to shore power and everything was fine. Yesterday I decided to start the engine to warm it up for an oil change. I turned the Quattro to off in case it clashed with engine generated electricity. Next my wife noticed we had no mains power. She checked the pontoon shorepower unit and it had tripped. We switched the shorepower back on and I tried turning on the Quattro, I think it may have blinked, not sure but then nothing. I checked the mains consumer unit and noticed that there was something strange, and wondered if the polarity was switched when I re wired the plug. A friend suggested that in the USA, black is 'hot'! (Live) So I've now rewired the plug with black as live and white as neutral. The consumer unit seems to make more sense now! The blue cables and white cables are neutral and black and brown ones are live. Still no life in the Quattro. I have 12 volts on the dc side and 237 volts on the input 1. I have 12 volts everwhere, the hot water circuit is working directly from the consumer unit but no power coming from the Quattro. I have no lights on the Quattro either.

Thanks, Garry

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers