question

Philip avatar image
Philip asked

SMA Frequency Shifting with feed-in energy limitation

I have a SMA Sunny Boy 1.5 with Mulitplus 1600 working perfectly, frequency shifting works like a charm. I was wondering if it is possible to change SB 1.5 to SB 5.0 (way to big) but with setting up the "Maximum active power output " limitation of the SB 5.0 inverter to 1500 W to keep the 1:1 rule.

To have this working the questions is:

Does SMA's frequency shifting take into consideration the "Maximum active power output " ?

Why ? Because I just have a free SMA SB 5.0 which has two inputs (SB 1.5 has just one), I'd like to make it work again. I can't find this info anywhere, thanks for any info.

sma-question.jpg

AC PV Couplingfrequency
sma-question.jpg (94.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

This should work. The frequency will continue to increase until the power does come down in any case. Also the frequency slope of the SB 5.0 can be edited to start at 30%.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rogelio-ruiz-serrano avatar image
rogelio-ruiz-serrano answered ·

Hello

I have an SMA Sunny boy 5.0 and a Victron Multiplus II 48-5000 with the SMA and loads connected to ACOUT.

I have not been able to configure them yet since when the battery is at 100% and the SMA is generating and I lose the line connection, the differential protections trip.Could you give me your SMA and Victron configuration since I see that it works well for you?

Thank you

captura-de-pantalla-2024-02-16-a-las-200628.png

2 |3000