question

wesley-corbet avatar image
wesley-corbet asked

Reducing inverter self-consumption in 3 phase parallel system

Hi,

I have a 3 phase, parallel installation with 6 x Quattro 48/15000's and Cerbo, 3 x 15's are enough to handle the current loads and my customer asked if he can turn 3 off to save on the inverter self-consumption, mainly battery overnight as the 6 inverters consume around 10KWh's on their own overnight. At the same time, he would like to be able to turn the 3 back on if/when required.

I explained it is possible to change the inverter configuration each time through remote VE Configure and he could have a program for 3 inverters and a second for 6 inverters, however, I have recently discovered this process wipes the assistants from all of the inverters. This will result in having to reload the assistants and a more complicated change-over when all he really wants is a switch to turn 3 on and off as required.

Does anyone have a simple solution for this?

What happens if he switched 3 inverters to 'charger only' while leaving the remaining 3 on 'inverter/charger', would this cause a shutdown and if it doesn't, would there be any energy saving?

Any ideas much appreciated.

Thanks Wes Corbet

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers