question

a-team-adventures avatar image
a-team-adventures asked

panel output question

Hi guys

I've read a couple of threads so think this may be a quick answer but...

yesterday I fitted and connected 3 x LG 365 solar panels to the roof of my bus in series.

I will have lithium ion battery bank of 530 Ah (2 x 200 and 1 x 130) run through the Victron VE Direct Smart 150/70 MTTP. I connected the system yesterday just to check the wiring was good etc before cracking on with the bus build.

As I haven't joined up my 3 batteries in parallel yet, I used just the small one - 130ah - to test the system was correct. I duly expected the watts to read somewhere IVO 900, but it sat around 300. We are20220827-102519000-ios.jpg currently in Oman so plenty of sun available!

A previous thread talked about the battery SOC being the driving factor in drawing what is needed from the solar array, but is there a way of seeing what the total draw *could* be, or dues that involve wiring up the whole system?

Thanks in advance.

Alex

Solar Panel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I would have expected a higher PV Voltage than that for 3x 375W panels in series, something like ~110V would be more realistic in full sunshine.
Are all three panels wired up in series?
Are they on axis to the sun or if they are flat on a roof what time of day is it?

PV power should be unrestricted in bulk phase and 13.3V battery.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

a-team-adventures avatar image a-team-adventures commented ·

Hi there.

yes they are flat on the roof of the bus, wired in Series. This was yesterday 2.30pm local by the time I'd connected them. Set the MTTP to setting 7 (Li-on) manually and also on the app (Li-on).

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic