question

hugues avatar image
hugues asked

No longer see SmartSolar in device list after BT upgrade to 2.41

Yesterday i was asked to upgrade my SmartSolar bluetooth firmware from 2.37 to 2.41.

This morning I no longer see it listed in the device list of my VictronConnect app (v 5.8 downloaded from Victron site) on my Android tablet. I have restarted everything twice, also uninstalled and re-installed the VictronConnect app on my Android tablet.

IS there a way to come back to firmware 2.37 ? Looking for it on Victron site but cannot find it.

smart solar set-up help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @Hugues

Did you enable the broadcast data on the SmartSolar after the update? When this is the case, the SmartSolar is no longer visible in this old version of VictronConnect. Unfortunately it was impossible to introduce this new feature while keeping the compatibility with VictronConnect version v5.8. This is also one reason that we made the broadcast data optional.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hugues avatar image hugues commented ·
Indeed, I turned this option off and now I can see again my SmartSolar on my old tablet.

But it is a nice function, so one more reason to upgrade my tablet to a newer one

thanks a lot.

0 Likes 0 ·
k-k avatar image
k-k answered ·

Maybe you made the same mistake as i did: v5.8 was in my opinion a v5.80 but thaz's not true - it's ment as v5.08. So try v5.73 this is the newest one.

1 comment
2 |3000

hugues avatar image hugues commented ·

I also thought v5.8 was the latest version, thanks for the tip,

i downloaded v5.73 but unfortunately I cannot seem to install it on my tablet, it's a little old, Google Nexus 7 running Android 4.4.4. Not too keen to upgrade for now, I rooted it so i can access it remotely. I'm just running 2-3 apps on it honestly. I might have to buy a new tablet that I can root.

But thanks. Seems it's the SmartSolar bluetooth upgrade that created a problem. Still looking to go back to 2.37 firmware,if i can find it

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic