jterrag avatar image
jterrag asked

with the power button on "off" my multiplus still pulls 25 watts from the grid

Hi.

As the title says, my multiplus still pulls about 25 watts from the grid when

1)the power button is on the "off" position

2)the batteries are disconnected

3)the cerbo is off

(conditions 2) and 3) are there just to be sure that what I'm seeing is related only to the multiplus and there is no strange interaction with other components in the system).

I've measured these 25 watts with a current clamp on both line and neutral connected toAC-IN of the multiplus.

Also, the multiplus actually stays warn (so there is some load in there that is still powered and it's not a fault of the current clamp).

Does anyone know if this is normal behaviour or not? And, in both cases, does anyone have any idea of what and why is causing this?

Thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

I would first verify this with a proper power / energy meter connected between mains and the inverter.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

25W is like 0.1A at 230V I don't think a clamp meter that accurate.

2 |3000

k-k avatar image
k-k answered ·

Just to mention

Could be a leakage in a defective y-condenser (if there is one) in an input-rf-filter

2 |3000

jterrag avatar image
jterrag answered ·

There's an external breaker between AC-IN and the grid. When that's off the clamp meter reports 0 amps (as it should, obviously). The central fact is that the upper sides of the multiplus keep staying warm when the external breaker is on and the multiplus power button is off). On the other hand, they are cool when the external breaker is off...

This tells me that something in there is producing heat (and, remember, the multiplus is detached from every other thing in the system except the grid). So the accuracy of the clamp doesn't seem to matter in this case (as well as the better accuracy of a proper power meter).

Or am I missing something?

2 |3000