question

Rabeendra Tilakaratne avatar image
Rabeendra Tilakaratne asked

Multiplus 2 CANBUS protocol

I need to use Felicity solar LiFePo4 battery with Multiplus 2 inverter/charger. It has CANBUS and RS485. I need the Victron CAN BMS protocol addresses to check the compatibility to charging. Can I connect the battery directly or need Cerbo GX. If someone can share rhe Multiplus 2 CAN BMS, Then I can check thatbwith the battery manufacturer.

VE.Can
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
jeanmarie avatar image
jeanmarie answered ·

Hi @Rabeendra

CAN Bus links are only provided with GX devices (multiplus GX, CerboGX, ...) or with raspi/Venus OS and CanBus extension board

I don't think you will be able to do anything good with CanBus protocol description, not even do I know if it is available

The most efficient will be to ask the BMS provider (as they are in charge for that) if they were able to develop any kind of protocol to send in a compatible format what the Victron environment is waiting after as information

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rabeendra Tilakaratne avatar image Rabeendra Tilakaratne commented ·
Hi Jean,

Thank you for your reply.

I know we need to use Cerbo GX to connect any device but need to try by direct connecting. I will try A or B cable to do that.

Thanks.

Rabeendra.

0 Likes 0 ·
jeanmarie avatar image jeanmarie Rabeendra Tilakaratne commented ·
As I wrote, the best is to ask the BMS provider about

- victron canbus compatibility

- all available protocoll for their BMS

- their Canbus wiring if it is a RJ45 connector and then consider either using a A or B type or check if building your own cable is a must.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic