question

pjd avatar image
pjd asked

Communication ports on battery

img20220822140945.jpg

Hi there, these are the communication ports available on my 150ah LiFePO4 batteries (I have 2). Is it possible to connect the batteries to my 450/100 victron MPPT or my Phoenix 5kw inverter or will I need a cerbo GX?

communication protocol
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Comms go through a GX but if it's an unsupported battery/bms there's no guarantee it will work.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:start

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Pjd

You would also need to know the pin out for the CAN on your battery for H and L and maybe ground.

Victrons pin outs on the GX are here.

0 Likes 0 ·
b-harwell avatar image
b-harwell answered ·

My observation. I am new to this so take my comments with a grain of salt.

My system consists of a Victron 48 3000 MultiPlus II, a Cerbo GX, and two SOK SK48V100 batteries. From the picture it looks as though our batteries use the same BMS. My batteries have a RS485 cable between the two batteries and a special cable from the CAN port up to a Cerbo GX. The Cerbo GX has connections for multiple types of devices. There is a BMS CAN port that my battery plugs into. There is a VE-Bus for my MultiPlus to plug into. The Cerbo made connections easy.

I am still learning about my system. Without the Cerbo I would have a lot less information.

Good luck.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic