question

markaos avatar image
markaos asked

100/20 not working past 3 days, showing no current in direct sun.

Over past three days my off grid solar pumps total under 100w haven't worked.

330 watt monocrystaline panel

100/20 mppt

Communication cable to + load output MPPT

12/250 phoenix inverter linked direct to batteries

3- 12v 110ah batteries

Powering 45w diaphragm air pump & 45w pond pump

screenshot-20220820-180035.jpg

Im not sure what has changed to stop it from working. I did notice today an update was available which Ive done but still not functioning.

Any help greatly appreciated.

MPPT Controllers
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hemaris avatar image hemaris commented ·

Interesting coincidence that I had a similar issue 4 days ago. I have an off-grid systems that has two mppts, Bluesolar 100/30 and 150/70 (inside Easysolar 3000/24 box). Both stopped working simultaneously 4 days ago, no charging and the connection to CCGX controller was also lost - see the attached figure below. When I checked the situation remotely I saw that the connection to Multi inverter-charger and BVM-712 still showed up on CCGX menu, but when I did remote reboot of CCGX I lost connection those also.

mppt.jpg

I came today to check the situation. 100/30 charger had all three indicator leds (Bulk, Absorption, Float) glowing blue, no blinking. I detached the battery and solar wires from the 100/30 and when I attached them back, it returned back to normal operation and also showed up in CCGX menu. I also cycled the power on EasySolar. That alone was not restoring the connection to CCGX, but detaching and reattaching the VE.direct cable returned the connection. I had to do the same to BMV-712 to restore that connection.

So happy ending, as I was prepared to face fried mppts or worse. On the same morning when the system malfunctioned there was apparently a heavy thunderstorm on the area. Therefore I was initially suspecting lightning damage from a direct ligthnining hit or EM-pulse from a near hit. I guess that is still a possible explanation, but seeing a similar report I just wonder if this is rather a rare firmware issue that somehow surfaced on special conditions?

1 Like 1 ·
mppt.jpg (95.0 KiB)
markaos avatar image markaos commented ·

This is past history showing systems parameters. I have load output of MPPT Set to user algorithm but even when switched to always on and inverter switched from ECO to on with only one pp on it would run for couple seconds then turn off.

Ive checked all connections and use volt meter directly to batteries with readings above MPPT USER DEFINED ALGORITHM.

screenshot-20220820-180035.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
hemaris avatar image hemaris commented ·

Interesting coincidence that I had a similar issue 4 days ago. I have an off-grid systems that has two mppts, Bluesolar 100/30 and 150/70 (inside Easysolar 3000/24 box). Both stopped working simultaneously 4 days ago, no charging and the connection to CCGX controller was also lost - see the attached figure below. When I checked the situation remotely I saw that the connection to Multi inverter-charger and BVM-712 still showed up on CCGX menu, but when I did remote reboot of CCGX I lost connection those also.

mppt.jpg

I came today to check the situation. 100/30 charger had all three indicator leds (Bulk, Absorption, Float) glowing blue, no blinking. I detached the battery and solar wires from the 100/30 and when I attached them back, it returned back to normal operation and also showed up in CCGX menu. I also cycled the power on EasySolar. That alone was not restoring the connection to CCGX, but detaching and reattaching the VE.direct cable returned the connection. I had to do the same to BMV-712 to restore that connection.

So happy ending, as I was prepared to face fried mppts or worse. On the same morning when the system malfunctioned there was apparently a heavy thunderstorm on the area. Therefore I was initially suspecting lightning damage from a direct ligthnining hit or EM-pulse from a near hit. I guess that is still a possible explanation, but seeing a similar report I just wonder if this is rather a rare firmware issue that somehow surfaced on special conditions?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

Try a reset to factory defaults. If this doesn't fix it, try reloading the update, or roll back to an earlier version. It looks like the PV voltage is not rising above Vbat+5, so the MPPT won't start. So it is also worth checking the Open circuit voltage and short circuit current of the PV system (When disconnected from the MPPT).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Solar panel voltage 12.77 V Max for the last 3 days.

Check your PV cabling/fuses/breakers for a bad connection.

2 |3000