I have an Orion TR Smart 12/12 18a (Isolated) which I believe may be faulty.
- The voltage at the input is 13.8v
- The voltage at the output is 13.2v which is true to the battery
- The charger says it is on bulk mode however there are no amps going to the battery (BMV712 confirms this)
- I also tested the device on Power Supply mode and it was producing enough volts to turn the display on but the fridge compressor would not start. It was reading 9.6v at the output terminals
Actions I've taken to remedy it
- Checked all wiring and bypassed the shunt to confirm no issue there.
- Reset the device to the factory settings and set it up again (including the remote wire bridge)
- Used larger cables
- Tested the battery would charge via an MPPT and 240v supply
- I had the car running for 30 minutes to give it a chance to kick in ...
I believe I have exhausted all options however I thought I would put it out here to the brain's trust. The device is new to me so it's not a case of it was working for me before.
Here is the screen of the charger in Bulk Mode, reading the voltages correctly
This screen shows that the BMV smart shunt is showing no amps to the battery. Note the 0.00a under the SmartBMV line.,
My settings are below. I did try dropping the start voltage to 13.6 to see if it made a difference - no difference.
I'm assuming this unit is faulty ...