question

kim-hilding avatar image
kim-hilding asked

Raspberry pi 4B

Is there any working OS for PI 4 8GB?

Raspberry Pi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bathnm avatar image bathnm commented ·
@WKirby the release images do not support the revision 1.4 and 1.5 boards which are generally those with 2Gb or more. Support for these boards is in the latest beta (2.90)
1 Like 1 ·
kim-hilding avatar image kim-hilding commented ·

Yes, I know but non of them seems to work on my Pi 4B 8GB. When I try to connect http://venus.local, only thing I get is web page cant be found :-(

0 Likes 0 ·
johanndo avatar image johanndo kim-hilding commented ·
http://venus.local doesnt work if your wifi router doesnt register the dns name of the unit when assigning a dhcp IP address. Look in your router which Ip address was assigned and then use the IP instead of the name to connect. If it boots, it works.
0 Likes 0 ·
johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

Yes, AFAIK.

1 comment
2 |3000

Ok, do you perhaps know which one I should use, I have tried almost all versions released in 2022.

0 Likes 0 ·
kim-hilding avatar image
kim-hilding answered ·

Ok, do you perhaps know which one I should use, I have tried almost all versions released in 2022.

2 |3000

bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

@Kim_Hilding there is support for RPI 8Gb, both the revision 1.4 and 1.5 boards.

It is currently in Beta and details can be found here. The beta images can be found here

4 comments
2 |3000

Hmm, I have tested 2.9 but I get no connection. How do I found out what board rev i have, cant find anything like 1.4 or 1.5 written to my board
0 Likes 0 ·
bathnm avatar image bathnm kim-hilding commented ·
Have you tried downloading the BictronConnect app to your phone and then using that to connect to the RPI. It will tell you the devices IP address and show you if it has booted correctly.
0 Likes 0 ·
kim-hilding avatar image kim-hilding bathnm commented ·
Yes, I have tested that to, it finds nothing.
0 Likes 0 ·
bathnm avatar image bathnm kim-hilding commented ·

Very strange. The only other thing I can suggest is to connect a USB/Serial interface to the serial pins in the RPI and see what is happening during the boot process. The latest RPI4 2.9 image should just boot.

0 Likes 0 ·
matthiasu avatar image
matthiasu answered ·

If all else fails, you can assemble an image with the Raspberry Pi 4 kernel from Debian. Here's a build script to automate assembling such an image:

https://github.com/M-o-a-T/moat-victron/tree/main/scripts

I'm running two setups built by this script, no problems so far.

2 comments
2 |3000

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately it seems to be little to advance to me.
0 Likes 0 ·
Nice tip, but I think this is little to advance to me.
0 Likes 0 ·