question

thepilot avatar image
thepilot asked

G99 Single Line Diagram

Hi

Can someone help point me in the right direction.

I am applying for a G99 connection in the UK and having some trouble providing an acceptable single line diagram.

I have attached how my setup should look but is there an easy way to turn this into a single line diagram that the DNO will accept.

Cheers

Mal

screenshot-2022-08-17-at-172024.png

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jason - UK avatar image Jason - UK commented ·

@thepilot I've hopefully got my G99 finally sorted Friday next week after a year of issues from my PV installer. Several comments I had in relation to my G99 schematic is firstly they are not interested in the DC side of the system. I was advised to have a AC schematic local to the incoming supply in my house should any operatives need to attend my property as they will need to know how to make the installation side if they had to work on the supply. Im yet to do this but in short the main info they need to know is where the main isolation points are to prevent electrical current going back down the incoming supply if they need to work on the system, any critical loads within the building. The distribution within the house they are not concerned with - light circuits, sockets, etc.

1 Like 1 ·
iammotorhomeless avatar image iammotorhomeless Jason - UK commented ·

Thanks... my system will look close to that shown here
except with a MP2 48/5000 and my shunt will be closer to the battery.

so what you are saying is, I need to show where the battery and solar isolaters are, in the systom ?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Craig Chamberlain avatar image
Craig Chamberlain answered ·

For my G99 application, I used g59projects.co.uk who created a generic SLD for me which I promised I wouldn't share with anyone since it's part of their intellectual property. But I was quite surprised at just how simple the SLD actually was. It was really only the bare minimum to get through the application process and when it comes to commissioning time, you have the opportunity to submit a revised SLD to represent your actual installation. I did this and created my own SLD using an iPad app called "Single-line". It's an infuriating little app with quite a few bugs but I managed to create the attached SLD. Note that my SLD is much more detailed than the one that was sent with my application and there is a risk that adding that extra detail might increase the chances of an issue.

Note the clear delineation between DNO Network, Customer Network and New Installation and the various isolation switches and meters. As others have said above, they really don't care much beyond the AC side although I think they like to see the presence of a generic PV array and battery since these are key components of the ESS & PV system.

Note that I've still not heard back from my DNO since I submitted my commissioning documentation but I did chase them up a couple of weeks ago and they just said they had a backlog and that everything looks fine.

HTH

final-circuit-diagram.jpeg

15 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

colin-washington avatar image colin-washington commented ·
Craig, I think the App you used is called "sld | electrical diagrams", just search for "sld" in the App Store. I agree it takes a bit of getting used to but it does the job.
1 Like 1 ·
Craig Chamberlain avatar image Craig Chamberlain colin-washington commented ·

The app I used shows up as “Single-line” on my home screen and this is the app store link. As I said above, it’s a very buggy app, especially when trying to export images from it but it was better than nothing.

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1534899128

0 Likes 0 ·
iammotorhomeless avatar image iammotorhomeless commented ·

Thanks Craig

I could make something that looks like that using photoshop... as mine is almost the same as yours

I still don't know if I am doing the right form..
did you do the G99 Form A1-1 or the G99 Form A1-2 or ??

I have filled out the G99_Amd 8_A1.1.docx
just hoping it's right

0 Likes 0 ·
Craig Chamberlain avatar image Craig Chamberlain iammotorhomeless commented ·
Hi, yes it was form A1-1 that was used for my application.

Best advice I can give you is to talk to your DNO agent over the phone if possible. That way you can ensure the forms are filled in correctly from the start. I would happily share my form with you but I made a promise that I wouldn’t. But honestly it’s pretty straightforward so just make sure you enter the generator ENA reference number, correct power output, correct battery storage capacity and correct MPAN and other details.

HTH

0 Likes 0 ·
iammotorhomeless avatar image iammotorhomeless Craig Chamberlain commented ·

we seem to have expanded this thread :/

but
I filled mine out myself... here is the inportant parts (for a Multiplus II 48/5000/70-50 230v and a 48V 105Ah battery)
do it look close to yours ?

thanks again

g99-a1-1.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
g99-a1-1.jpg (178.8 KiB)
iammotorhomeless avatar image iammotorhomeless commented ·

Thanks again Craig, for sharing

I hope you don't mind... I just took yours and edited it in photoshop, to match my system

Here for anyone that wants to see, what I just submited, to NG (WPD)
fingers crossed, that they will be happy with itline-circuit-diagram-share.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
Craig Chamberlain avatar image Craig Chamberlain iammotorhomeless commented ·
No problem, I’m glad it was helpful. Good luck with your application.
1 Like 1 ·
iammotorhomeless avatar image iammotorhomeless Craig Chamberlain commented ·
yes, It does sound like luck has a lot to do with it,

I will try to remember to post my progress.

0 Likes 0 ·
iammotorhomeless avatar image iammotorhomeless iammotorhomeless commented ·
Wow...

lest than 24 hours and my G99 was approved, I have 90 days to install :)

0 Likes 0 ·
gadgetuk avatar image gadgetuk iammotorhomeless commented ·

Any chance you can share your G99 application, about to go through the same myself with NG
@IamMotorHomeless

0 Likes 0 ·
iammotorhomeless avatar image iammotorhomeless gadgetuk commented ·

@GadgetUK sorry for the slow reply... only just got the email saying you had tagged me...

pritty much what you see on the above thread, is what I submitted...

I think the only thing I had to change was that I ended up going for a pair of 48/5000, but they had limited me to 6.9kW out, so I had to add that I would limit the output to 6.9kW

2-x-5000-mpans-1100001366063-line-circuit-diagram.jpg

what are you planning to install ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Just a single 48/5000. Already got 2.1kW of Grid Tie Solar, so hoping for a ~6kW limit.

0 Likes 0 ·

@GadgetUK you should not have too much trouble
once I submited mine, I got an email from the guy at my local Planning and Design team,
he was super helpful, I changed things three times. no problems

0 Likes 0 ·

@IamMotorHomeless

Yeah, I've already exchanged some emails with my local planner (previous enquiry to look at 3phase install). Just waiting on some other work in his queue to be completed.
Thanks for the pointers.

1 Like 1 ·

@GadgetUK

I just read something interesting on the NG web site regards the G99

If the generation unit is type tested, you will not need to submit an application. Please just submit a ‘Commissioning’ form when you are done.

https://connections.nationalgrid.co.uk/get-connected/solar-and-wind/micro-generation-single-g98/

guessing they would still need to set you a limit, before you started exporting, but that sounds like it's a free for all, now a days.

0 Likes 0 ·
daza avatar image
daza answered ·

Thanks @Craig Chamberlain ive just done a single line diagram and used yours as reference thanks

final-single-line-diagram.jpg

7 comments
2 |3000

matt1309 avatar image matt1309 commented ·
Hi @Daza

Sorry to dig up an old thread but your setup is near exactly the same as mine (excluding some brand names changes). Just wanted to check if DNO had any comments on the above, if not I'll use that as my basis.

0 Likes 0 ·
daza avatar image daza matt1309 commented ·
@matt1309 no my DNO UK Power Networks had no issues with it.
0 Likes 0 ·
matt1309 avatar image matt1309 daza commented ·
Thanks @Daza

Great to hear!

I've been trying to read up on everything they require. Feels like such an overcomplicated process or at least how they describe it is...

Once you've submit G99 A-1, was that it given all the equipment is type tested? Or did you need to submit further forms after installation?

0 Likes 0 ·

on ENA you can find the testing forms for the unit, stating what tests they done and it’s compliance to the grid.

link here https://www.ena-eng.org/gen-ttr/ just select find and put in victron and and then inverter in the other bit and it should pop up with the compliance forms i submitted them to with my application. the DNO did not require witnesses testimony from me and approved it once they done my fuse upgrade. Hope that helps

1 Like 1 ·
Amazing cheers, I had a fuse upgrade with a car charger install not long ago so hoping it'll be smooth sign off.

I remember you mentioning you had an electrician friend sign off your MCS, did they need to give any of their info for DNO application or did you just leave that as yourself. I've started filling in forms and just left installer details blank for now might just say quotes outstanding.

0 Likes 0 ·
No i Had an MSC registered company install my solar which they did all the DNO stuff around that I got my inverter probably 6 or so months later and done all the DNO stuff myself, I put installer as my self if you haven’t go through some victron webinars with there courses that’s what I did gives a much better understanding of the product being installed
0 Likes 0 ·
Thanks.

I had similar journey/install order by the sound of things.

Hoping MCS is scraped before I expand the system further. Sparks near me charge and arm and a leg for just looking at a solar panel if they're MCS certified.

0 Likes 0 ·