question

thomas-diebel avatar image
thomas-diebel asked

Multiplus 2 48/3000 temperature L1 warnig/error immediately after higher loads. ?

Hi, is it possible to read out the internal temperature (sensor) of the multiplus via VE Bus?

-> Answer to myselve. Not yet (August 2022)? Right?

I ask to determine the device I installed at a customer site has to be send in or maybe its just a loose sensor connector and I can try to fix it myselve. (Have not tried it yet)

The affected device showes the temperature l1 warning (at max load error) nearly imediatedly when the fan kicks in at loads higher than ~600W. Below that everthing is fine.

The device runs as a single device in cool environment, enough space to the sides. At lower power operation everthing seems fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks and best regards, Thomas

Update 17.08.2022. Tested the device at the customer today. If loads >600W needs to be supplied by the affected device the temp l1 Warning nearly instantly gets set. Red Temp. LED starts flashing. After some minutes of 2000W load the temp l1 Error gets set, Red Temp LED always on and the device shuts down. Internal Fan was running. Environmental Temp was about 21°C. Doing a support request. Thanks.

Update 06.09.2022. After delivering a new Multiplus to the customer on my own costs and taking the suspect device to my place I tryed to verify the behavior prior to send it in. And guess. Nothing!

- A full load test for over an houre, only connected to battery an load to ac2 output was performed perfectly by the device. Afterwards installation in test ESS an running since then without any trouble. The new device at the customers site also runs without any signs of an overtemp error or warning. Same configuration parameters as the suspect device...

Does anyone out there has a clue what could possibly caused an overtemp warning l1/error with device shutoff? Fan was running. Ambient temp. about 20°C. Load about 1500W on the housenet with Multiplus feeding in that amount into the net (zero feed-in setup). ESS with venus gx and ET34 Grid Meter.

Thanks again and best regards, Thomas

Multiplus-II
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kw4np avatar image kw4np commented ·

Hi Thomas,

Although I cannot give you the reason for this error, you are not the only one encountering it. We have three Quattros and out of the three, one gives semi random temperature errors. Sometimes the unit will not work at all, even with no load. Interestingly, a change in load seems to trigger the issues. I have found that the two connectors at the upper edge of the board are somehow related to the alarm (guessing that they are the sensors) and unplugging them will trigger the alarm.

So far I have not been able to get anything out of the dealer or Victron, we've already purchased a new device because we need the system and are not able to get support. Note that with the problem we're having it can work for weeks, come up, and then go away again for no apparent reason.

1 Like 1 ·
0 Answers