question

coolsapper avatar image
coolsapper asked

How to combine AC Out 1 and 2 on Multiplus II

Has anyone in the United States combined the AC OUT 1 and 2 into one Breaker Panel? I am trying to understand how I can do this to get the full 240v? Obviously using the AC IN 240/50 amp setup?

Can you just feed the side of the breaker box with two separate breakers? Does anyone have a drawing or picture to go along with there example?

Thanks

Tim

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
chrichri avatar image
chrichri answered ·

Hi, after each output, AC1 out and AC2 out you should go first through a residual-current device (RCD) or residual-current circuit breaker (RCCB) and then to the individual fuses for each plug or device connected to it.

Note that the RCD in front of an Inverter will not protect for residual current after the inverter!

Moreover you create a new cirquit in what the ground is connected to neutral after the inverter. This si the reason why you need to connect an additional RCD.

Combining AC1 out with AC2 out makes absolutely no sense. There is a Relay between both L connections. The N is anyhow the same. And this N is connected to PE in inverter mode.

Do it right otherwise it is deadly...

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

coolsapper avatar image coolsapper commented ·
Thank you for the RCD advice. I cannot use a GFCI on freezers due to the compressor start up

In regards to AC1 and AC2. If AC1 offers 75 amps and AC2 50 amps. I want to use all that power on one panel!

0 Likes 0 ·