question

Stewart Hanford avatar image
Stewart Hanford asked

PV input shut down on MPPT 150/85. code #38

I recently installed 2 150/85 MPPT smartsolar controllers on my 5th wheel wired to my 6 200 ah lithium batteries. Each controller has 3 365 watt panels on them and it does not every go over the 150 volts. And for the first 4 wks of use I have had no issues with them. But the last 2 wks at night I have been getting a code #38 on atleast one of the controllers which i have labled as solar 1 and once i got it on both after clearing the code #38. Each time I clear they work great all day. But I'm getting the code mostly on Solar #1 at night after all the sun is gone and they are not producing any power from the solar panels. As a note each time i have gotten the code it has been a stormy night with lightning. I'm wondering if the lighting is causing the code?

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

You have looked at the Error Codes doc.?

The mppt's have switched to the correct battery voltage?

There is nothing charging the batteries after dark? That might be set to a slightly higher battery charge points??

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Stewart Hanford avatar image Stewart Hanford commented ·

The MPPT'S are literally set to the highest charge point of all items charging. And this only seems to be a problem when I have lightening outside. All other times they shut down after sunset correctly and restart properly at sunrise. I have read all the error code doc's and nothing come's close to making sense.

0 Likes 0 ·