question

mfred68 avatar image
mfred68 asked

Inverter repair needed

I have been given two Quattro inverters, a 48v 10000VA and a 48v 8000VA, both of which have blown/ burnt output FET's

Is there a way of getting them repaired, are spare parts available as I am an electronics engineer.

Or where can I take them to in the UK who can repair them?

service
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Victron repair through their dealers only.

1. You can find one here https://www.victronenergy.com/where-to-buy?continentid=1
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mfred68 avatar image
mfred68 answered ·

ive chatted to a couple of dealers, but they are more interested in selling a new inverter.

My two inverters cost thousands, i find it ludicrous that they can not be repaired, surely there should be repair options?

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
What modern equipment can actually be repaired these days? In most cases an entire board will be swapped not individual components on it making it unviable. Who knows what else may be wrong? You can’t expect repair centers to sit and trace this all out and then still offer a warranty on the work. Probably a good reason you were given them.

A replacement is often a cheaper option.

0 Likes 0 ·
quarrx avatar image
quarrx answered ·
did you manage to repair your inverters ?
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic