question

Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK asked

Looking for VRM data for a south UK grid connected ESS with south facing PV?

I am trying to run a calculation for assessing the import and export demands of an existing system which has had continuous changes to it making the data unrealistic. To allow is calculation of what the correct set up needed for the house, I was wondering if anyone on the Community is from the southern end of the UK, has a ESS system on a south'ish facing PV system. The most important element I need is the PV generation for a 12 month period. If you have your system data accessible on VRM world, even better as I can carry out a basic real time comparison.

ESSsolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
dmsims avatar image
dmsims answered ·

I am in South Devon and have what you describe (but not 12 months)

I have been amazed at the day to day variability (in summer)

e.g.

vrm-2-days-solar-variation.png

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jason - UK avatar image Jason - UK commented ·
@dmsims Do you have your system listed on VRM world?

0 Likes 0 ·
sharpener avatar image sharpener Jason - UK commented ·

deleted, see below

0 Likes 0 ·
si-mon avatar image si-mon commented ·
Hi @dmsims, can I ask who installed the system, I'm also in Devon and am looking to get my system upgraded.

0 Likes 0 ·
sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

I have an installation in S Devon, 16 x 230W panels facing due S installed in 2011, no noticeable degradation so still 3.68 kW nominal output.

The last three full years' figures are 2019: 3926 kWh, 2020: 4043, 2021: 3967, is this what you want?

The last five days have been pretty consistent

1660171772348.png

1660171772348.png (22.1 KiB)
4 comments
2 |3000

@sharpener Do you have your system listed on VRM world? I'd be able to see how your system performs over the year on VRM which would be ideal.

0 Likes 0 ·
sharpener avatar image sharpener Jason - UK commented ·

No - and in this case it would not help because it has only been installed 2 months, whereas I have all the PV production data going back long before that.

For planning purposes I use a figure of 1100 hours at full output (1100 x 3.68 = 4048 kWh).

0 Likes 0 ·
In short one of the reasons is I need to make a change to my system and how I use it but I do not have a full 12 months of use so i was going to guesstimate the missing info to work out what would be a full 12 month period. By having a real work comparision would allow me to would out the missing performance data, ratioed for difference in system size. Also we are going a bit of a assessment in the office on a similar set up but again missing a full years worth of data as ESS systems are still new tothe Uk market, more so to new build properties.

0 Likes 0 ·
daza avatar image daza Jason - UK commented ·
Like the others I don’t have a fully year as only installed my Victron in June or July sorry I couldnt help unless it’s of use? I’m in Buckinghamshire and about 9 degress off of dead south. My array is only 3.2kW though with a 3kW inverter
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic