question

milton477 avatar image
milton477 asked

Control AC2

On a Multiplus, I would like to disable AC2 if the AC current limit setting is below a certain amperage. This would be to prevent the Assist function from using battery power on AC2.

Thanks.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

I don't know of a way to do this, so I can only advice to use another value for switching: battery SOC or Voltage, so AC2 is only active when the battery is above a certain SOC and/or voltage.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

milton477 avatar image
milton477 answered ·

Thanks for the reply @Boekel.

If only the AC Input Current Limit parameter was available to read in an Assistant.

I have tried using battery SOC below 80% to turn AC2 off but then AC2 does not turn on at all even when the battery is full. Maybe I need to understand the system better.

1 comment
2 |3000

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

When using a configurable relay assistant, you always need two: one to turn on, and one to turn off

For a lot of things you can also use the generator start/stop assistant, as this has the on/off parameters in one assistant, and you can choose multiple parameters.

0 Likes 0 ·
milton477 avatar image
milton477 answered ·

That makes sense to use on & off but what happens to the existing control where AC2 is off when no shore power is connected? Does this default control still work or do the Assistants overwrite it completely?

2 comments
2 |3000

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

That is overruled indeed.

0 Likes 0 ·
milton477 avatar image milton477 boekel ♦ commented ·

Thanks @Boekel

0 Likes 0 ·