question

gsalgado avatar image
gsalgado asked

BMV 712 trends tab doesn't fetch stored data

On the trends tab of my BMV 712 I only see the live data but not the historical. It displays a message saying "stored data is being fetched in the background..." but that never finishes.

The historical trends works fine for my smart solar mppt.

Using version 5.72 of the connect app

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

8 Answers
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@gsalgado

Thank you for sending the report. We can see that the BMV is still running an old Bluetooth chip firmware version. We need to improve this and properly notify the available updates.

To update, go to the settings page then click product info in the three dots button in the upper right corner. This will open a page with two entries, press update for the entry that shows that the product is not in the latest firmware version.

This will clear the current trends as the ones stored by older firmware versions is not valid anymore so it will start recording the values from now on.

@kevgermany Check the above and update the firmware.

Please, come back and let us know if the issue is solved by updating.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Not all metrics are stored. And if you try to retrieve a metric that isn't stored, this message is displayed.

1 comment
2 |3000

gsalgado avatar image gsalgado commented ·
I get that for current and every other metric
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Hmm. Mine's doing it as well.

Will report.

2 |3000

jperez (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Please create a service report and attach it here.

The service report has to be created after the issue is observed so:

1. Connect to the BMV
  2. Go to the trends page and wait ~30 seconds
  3. Go back to the main device list page
  4. Press the menu button at the upper left corner
  5. Go to settings and create the service report
2 |3000

gsalgado avatar image
gsalgado answered ·
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

@jperez (Victron Energy Staff)

Thanks

I was about to say I updated a couple of weeks ago and checked before posting, which is true. But the separate Bluetooth update I hadn't seen before. New feature? I see it's there for the MPPTs as well, but not for the Orion. Would be nice if the Bluetooth update was more obvious. The section for that is almost off the bottom of the screen on my phone and glancing at it I thought it was just showing me the previous software version.

Looks like the Bluetooth update has wiped stored trends. So I'm still not getting them. Will check later.

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

@jperez (Victron Energy Staff)

The Bluetooth update has fixed it, great. Firmware was already up to date. But it Looks like I was right, the Bluetooth update wiped the stored data... screenshot-2022-08-16-14-57-58-023-comvictronenerg.jpg

2 |3000

nicoloks avatar image
nicoloks answered ·

I have latest BMV-712 and BT firmware and am getting these blank spots in the trend data as well.

screenshot-20221217-124744.png

Mainly wanting consumed Ah and Voltage ATM, and consumed Ah is showing no history. Guessing this is because this is one of those metrics not to store data? Is a list of which metrics store data published anywhere?

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
The history starts with the updates. When did you update the firmware?
0 Likes 0 ·