question

grunter375 avatar image
grunter375 asked

Heater spike trips inverters to overload

I have 2 multiplus12/3000 in parrelell even though only one shows up in the device list (GUESSING THAT'S HOW IT SHOULD BE) so I have 6k of power but when the ac kicks in sometimes on heating mode more it trips the inverters to overload the ac is only 2.7k on heating it happens at least twice a day I did see when I set it up there were a lot of adjustments in parameters just wondering if there is something to give a better buffer for start up

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

Have you correctly balanced the two inverters? Can you send a diagram of the inverter wiring?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

grunter375 avatar image
grunter375 answered ·

Exactly like this

2 |3000

Pat Davitt avatar image
Pat Davitt answered ·

I would look at the DC side of your system. You did not state the capacity of your battery bank or the wire sizes between the batteries and the Mutliplus's. All air conditioning devices have an inrush current that can be quite a bit higher than their steady state current draw. I suspect that your battery bank has a large voltage drop when dealing with the inrush current, which causes the amperage to rise to the point that the Multiplus's shutdown on a current overload.

Since I don't have detailed information, the above is just a suggestion.

Pat

2 |3000

grunter375 avatar image
grunter375 answered ·

1000ah battery bank and2/00 gauge to each inverter same length cable 600mm long

gwaem-709.jpg (558.2 KiB)
2 |3000

grunter375 avatar image
grunter375 answered ·

Oh forgot to say have shore power plugged in also and set to 14a input

2 |3000

grunter375 avatar image
grunter375 answered ·

FYI log images

2 |3000

boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

Yes the two inverters show up as one if paralleled.

As others have written: check if the batteries don't drop too low (measure at inverter input terminals, VRM log is not accurate enough), if that is not the issue then you'll need an heat pump with better soft-start capabilities or a bigger inverter.

Shore power connected: check this also, if due to high starting peak the shore power drops too low, the inverter can disconnect from grid.

2 |3000