question

drmi avatar image
drmi asked

Frequency dip in the power grid -> ESS switches off

I am asking for support with a problem that I cannot solve on my own.

Two ESS systems are installed on two separate power connections:

System 1: 6x Multiplus 48/5000 3ph with 1280Ah OPZS, AC coupled PV inverter, the ground floor of the house is connected to the AC-OUT.

System 2: 3x Multiplus 48/5000 3ph with Victron-LiFePo4 400Ah, 3x MPPT 150/75, the upper floor of the house is connected to the AC-OUT.

Yesterday there was a drop in the power supply three times; the mains frequency went down to approx. 40Hz. The following happened:

- System 1 switched to "island

- Installation 2 switched off the AC-OUT power and restarted (three times).

My questions: Why did system 2 switch off? What settings are wrong with this installation?

In the screenshot you can see system 2.

stromausfall.jpg

Thank you very much for your support.

Michael

frequency
stromausfall.jpg (160.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

sound like system 2 may have had a battery issue or the load on one phase was higher than the units capacity to deliver.

as you have a cerbo GX connected to the units then go and look at the graphs on the vrm. and see if you can see the cause.

if you have cant see it in the graphs then its a guessing game and you will need to try to recreate the issue with the same load and find the cause

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic