question

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany asked

Multiplus Compact cutting out

Looking for ideas

Trying to help a friend commission his compact 12/2000. 2*100 Ah lithium.

No diagnostics.

Connected for first time, was charging the batteries at about 50A for about an hour, no sign of overheating, no fans cutting in. Small external load of about 50W for work lights.

Suddenly all cut out, indicator lights on front went off. No problem with external mains supply. after 20-30 seconds cut in again. Kept on doing this with the intervals between the cut outs shortening from 10 mins to a minute at best, time before it cut in again increasing from about 30s to minutes.

Took the cover off, no real hot spots, toroid warm, but not hot.

Turned grid power off, after a few minutes cut I'm again, ran the light loads off battery continuously.

Turned grid on, cut on normally, worked, battery voltage hit 14.4 and it kicked into float at 13.8.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@kevgermany

I would have expected the fans to run when charging at 50A.

Do a decent high wattage discharge test. If the fans dont run then, check connections for them, or return the inverter.

-1 Like -1 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Thanks. Must admit it was my first thought. Dealer job?
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Just check if they run on a hectic discharge inverting. If they dont then definitely a dealer job.
1 Like 1 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Ok, thanks.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

@Alexandra

Fans running under heavy load, about 80A, but very slow. With front off no cutting out under load or charge. Guess it's overheating due to fans running too slow. Will get owner to take it to dealer when his holiday over. Thanks.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.