question

stingerb avatar image
stingerb asked

Multi 2 parallel settings

I have a basic system installed in my home to alleviate some of the "loadshedding" (planned power outages) that we experience in South Africa on regular basis. The original system was a single Multiplus 2 3000 48V and 9 Canadian Solar 365W panels in three strings powering 4 X 100Ah lead acid batteries. I then changed to 2 Ritar 100Ah Lion batteries. These are not supported by Victron in terms of BMS despite being bought from a local Victron seller (I only discovered this later after installation).

I have recently installed 6 more 450Watt panels and a second inverter and MPPT but have struggled to get the correct settings for the inverters to work in parallel. The firmware on both units was updated to V497. I have selected "lithium" in the battery charger section but note that the ESS had "gel" batteries selected. I am not sure if the previous installer did this because of the lack of BMS to get the system to work.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
netrange avatar image
netrange answered ·

Can the BMS not communicate or was it just not wired ?

Were the Multi Plus connected together for communication and configured correctly as parallel operation?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stingerb avatar image stingerb commented ·
The BMS of the batteries are not supported by Victron. I initially did plug it in to the inverter and it did not work. The Victron re-seller that sold me the batteries confirmed this.

The Multi Plus have been configured for parallel operation. As it is a first time for me, I hope that all the settings are correct.

0 Likes 0 ·