question

haudidier avatar image
haudidier asked

Skylla Inrush Current Limiter burnt out

Hi all,

I have an issue with a Skylla – i 24/100 (not to me but to the customer), the current limiter has burnt out.

I have done some tests with a new Inrush Current Limiters (SL32 5R020), all seems fine. I allredy used succefully this Inrush Current Limiters (SL32 5R020) to repair a skylla-tg 24/80.

what bothers me is that I don't know if this new component is compatible with the Skylla – i 24/100.

If someone could give me the exact part number of this limiter it would be great.

Best Regards,

Nico

Skylla
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
haudidier avatar image
haudidier answered ·

Hi, Nobody knows the reference?

For the Skylla-I, this component is easy to locate : It can be seen behind the bottom plate of the case, it is a large black disc (around 30mm).

If anyone has the information it would be great!

20221228-181313-2.jpg

Best Regards,

Nico

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

toniuep avatar image toniuep commented ·

Hi Nico, sorry I don't have an answer to your question. I will be soon getting the Skylla TG 24/100G and I am wondering if I should worry about this and whether I should bring spare Inrush Current Limiters or if there is some external device that I could use to protect the Skylla unit and prevent things like this happening?

Let us know what you find out, Skyllas aren't that common and it's hard to get info on them.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Skylla-IP65 product page (12v, 24v)

Skylla-i product page (24v)

Skylla-TG Charger product page (24v, 48v)

Skylla-TG GMDSS product page (24v)

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic