question

bluexcoin avatar image
bluexcoin asked

Is the Victron Venus Software on a Raspberry Compute Modules 4 Board running

Is the Victron Venus Software on a Raspberry Compute Modules 4 Board running?

Raspberry Pi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

No it is not. There is a fair amount of base work need to get it going. Likely changes to the device trees in the boot partition and then firmware changes for Wi-Fi. Might even need changes to the boot system. I suspect that the user base for a CM4 is small so unless someone in the community is will to put time and effort in and define all changes it will not happen.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

headbangerle avatar image
headbangerle answered ·

I tried it today with a "Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 2GB RAM, Lite".

It worked.

The settings for IO and relay are missing.

Ethernet working.

I haven't tried USB yet

2 |3000

ufoncz avatar image
ufoncz answered ·

well I could not get USB on CM4 running as it is turned off by default and kernel module kmod-usb-dwc2 is not available so config.txt command dtoverlay=dwc2,dr_mode=host does not work. if somebody has a solution, please let me know. I use Waveshare "B" host CM4 board

2 comments
2 |3000

johnny-brusevold avatar image johnny-brusevold commented ·

@ufoncz

Have you downloaded dwc2.dtbo to /u-boot/overlays/ ?

dwc2.dtbo

1 Like 1 ·
ufoncz avatar image ufoncz johnny-brusevold commented ·

it works, thanks a lot, I can confirm USB2 on Waveshare CM4 host board works fine with large image, by copying dwc2.dtbo to /u-boot/overlays/ and adding dtoverlay=dwc2,dr_mode=host into /u-boot/config.txt

0 Likes 0 ·