question

lorenchio avatar image
lorenchio asked

Disconnect internal "GX Card" on Multiplus II GX

Dear Matthias,

Can you explain me how disconnect the internal GX Card in a Multiplus II GX ?

I have three units (GX) and I need make a parallel configuration, also I hace a Cerbo GX device.

Best regards

Lorenzo

modifications
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Lorenchio

You need to disconnect the internal ve.bus cable, that's all. next you can also disconnect the power supply cable so the card is not powered at al.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lorenchio avatar image
lorenchio answered ·

Dear Daniël,

Please can you tell me what is the internal "power supply" cable to disconnect? And I think that the internal Ve.Bus cable is the blue short cable, that is correct?

Attached some pictures of the multiplus II GX:

whatsapp-image-2022-08-20-at-22745-pm.jpeg

whatsapp-image-2022-08-20-at-22744-pm-1.jpeg

whatsapp-image-2022-08-20-at-22744-pm.jpeg

And also I need help for my setup, this is my instalation:

whatsapp-image-2022-08-20-at-22745-pm-1.jpeg

My intention is use TWO multiplus in PARALLEL, and the other one INDIVIDUALLY (the reason, 235V output instead 230V, for a far house).

- I was trying this, but I have some errors in the INDIVIDUALL inverter. It run for some hours and suddenly show LOW BATTERY and the inverter turn off, and the only way to connect to the CERBO GX was using a USB-VE.BUS cable, if I connect to the Cerbo with a VE.Bus cable, the other two inverters turn off inmediatly. I configured this inverter in mode "INVERTER ONLY", and dissable battery monitoring.

- Also I tryied to connect the THREE inverters in parallel (NO three pase system), but it was impossible to turn on. I put a Ve.Bus cable from the Cerbo to the first inverter, and other same cable from first to second, and second to third inverter. I think the solution for this setup is disconnect the cable that you mentioned.

- I can't use THREE PHASE configuration because I have a MONO PHASE generator, and I was reading that is not possible JOIN the three AC INPUT.

- My "ideal" setup is TWO in Parallel and one INDIVIDUALLY, and also all monitored through the Cerbo GX. If this is not possible, the three in parallel.

- I have installed two transformer (VICTRON CTR110000500) on each inverter in parallel for monitoring the AC INPUT. If I finally can configure this setup, how work the AC INPUT of the individuall inverter? I also need install a transformer for the third inverter?

Thanks thanks!!!!

Best regards

Lorenzo

2 |3000

dariusdiy avatar image
dariusdiy answered ·

1. you can have 3 phase system with just 1 phase on one of the inverters, not sure about ESS and grid export in this case, but to have it working with grid connected it works, I've done it while waitting for the electric company to come swap the single phase meter to 3 phase meter

2. ve.bus cable , is the short blue cable with internet (RJ-45) plugs at the end

3. the power for the GX card is the smal black and red wires, unplug the power cable from the gx card side

2 |3000

Related Resources

Experiments, Modifications and Adaptions. Mods (Modifications) can be made to Victron Software by the Community. Please use the modifications space for enthusiasts who want to push what is possible, without official Victron Support.