question

mk1 avatar image
mk1 asked

enphase IQ7+ has frequency problem in buckup mode

Hi

in backup mode only 8 of my 25 microinverters enphase IQ7+ work fine, others have frequency problem and not work, So what i cad do to fix this ? When grid is available everything is OK.

SYSTEM : 3 x multiplus II 3000 48V, europiean grid en505...

PV connected in output 1.

Multiplus-II
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

juergenal avatar image juergenal commented ·
That´s normal. When you are connected to grid you have 50 Hz frequency in Europe. When you are in backup Mode your Multiplus has frequency shifting between 50 Hz and 53 Hz, if you have standard parameter´s. You need an offgrid profile for the enphase system. Pls contact enphase to get this grid profile. Your edge points in this grid profile should be 50 hz for normal operation, 50,2 Hz for beginning reducing energy feed in until 52,0 Hz ( this is the parameter end by Enphase) and then 52,7 Hz for stop energy feed in by enphase. This parameter´s you must also changed in the victron system under ESS configuration. Because the standard parameter´s in the victron system are:

50Hz normal mode

50,2 Hz beginning reducing energy feed in

52,7 Hz end of reducing energy feed in

53 Hz stop energy feed in

0 Likes 0 ·
6 Answers
mk1 avatar image
mk1 answered ·

up up up up up up

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

power4me avatar image
power4me answered ·

Did. you solve your problem? Are the 8 working iq‘s always the same or is it fluctuating Between iq‘s?

2 |3000

mr-manuel avatar image
mr-manuel answered ·

I have the same problem. Only a few of the IQ7A are working, if any. Should the frequency shift not only match?

See https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/126146/3-phase-multiplus-ii-ess-with-enphase-current-sens.html?childToView=205380#answer-205380 for all my settings.

Would be great if you can help!

2 |3000

juergenal avatar image
juergenal answered ·

Do you have made a special Profile for the Grid on the Enphase IQ7A? I have run 52 IQ7A on the 3 phase victron System with frequency shifting in offgrid Mode.

1 comment
2 |3000

mr-manuel avatar image mr-manuel commented ·

No I haven't. Is it still needed, if frequency shifting (red box) is already on in the grid profile?

My frequency is always bitween 49.95 and 50.05 Hz in Offgrid, so it's in the range (blue box).

1684054249111.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1684054249111.png (116.3 KiB)
juergenal avatar image
juergenal answered ·

Here is my Profile for Victron combined with Enphase IQ7A in Offgrid. Enphase Profile Offgrid.pdf

In the Yellow marked fields this is the changes in the Profile for frequency shifting. Pls note, only the Enphase Support can change this profiles.

1 comment
2 |3000

Perfect, thank you! I will request one. Are you always off-grid or do you change the profile with Node-RED? I already have a flow for that.
0 Likes 0 ·
juergenal avatar image
juergenal answered ·

No my Victron MP2 are On-Grid with Backup Mode. If the grid are loss then I can load my Pylontech with the frequency shifting on the Enphase

8 comments
2 |3000

Ok and you always have the same Off Grid profile?
0 Likes 0 ·
juergenal avatar image juergenal mr-manuel commented ·
Yes this is the Profile in my Enphase System.
0 Likes 0 ·
Do you have now the right profile for your Enphase configuration?
0 Likes 0 ·
mr-manuel avatar image mr-manuel mr-manuel commented ·

Unfortunately not. Enphase is not providing an Offgrid profile for Italy. They say it should work out of the box. Now I'm trying to play with the frequencies in the ESS settings and change 50.20 Hz to 50.15, 50.10, 50.05, 50.25, 50.30, and so on.

With 50.10 Hz I got working 4 IQ7A out of 16.

0 Likes 0 ·

no, that is wrong. Enphase could make Offgrid profiles for frequency shifting. Can you give me your email address?

0 Likes 0 ·
mr-manuel avatar image mr-manuel juergenal commented ·
I deleted the mail so that I get no spam. Thank you!
0 Likes 0 ·
perfekt, I hope you get an answer.
0 Likes 0 ·
mr-manuel avatar image mr-manuel juergenal commented ·

Upgrading the firmware of the Envoy to D7.6.168 (f1975b) and the IQ7A to 520-00082-r01-v04.30.23 solved the problem.

0 Likes 0 ·