question

wlankenau avatar image
wlankenau asked

BMV-712 data access from app when not connected

I just setup and am using my BMV-712 to monitor a 60 Volt system that powers an electric motor on my pontoon boat. Works great with the app. How can I access usage data when the app is not connected to the BMV-712? I can only access the data when the app is connected on Bluetooth.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

It's possible by installing a Victron GX device with internet connection.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wlankenau avatar image wlankenau commented ·

Thanks! The GX would need a WiFi connection I assume. Unfortunately, no WiFi near my boat! Is there some way to download the usage data from the BMV to the app on my phone (or to the portal) when I AM connected so that when I am not connected I can access it?

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ wlankenau commented ·

Might be possible, but it's a question for the modifications area, so I'll move the thread there.

0 Likes 0 ·
johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

Use the Ve.Direct port, it outputs human readable data without any coding, it is a simple RS232 serial interface. (Ve.Direct TEXT output), there is a binary interface too, that responds to commands (Ve.Direct HEX protocol), same port

2 |3000