question

fgs-energie avatar image
fgs-energie asked

MPPT Calculator needs update

Hello everyone,

I was checking on the online mppt calculator and then compared the results with the excel one.
Basically the one on the website is not up to date as some panels have different voltage values or even some are missing.
I honestly thought about using the website as it should be more recent but apparently it isn't.

If you would like to test it as well, I tried using nr. 4 30W Mono in series in a 48V battery system. The website gave me the 150/35 option while the excel used the more recent 100/20 charger.

Best regards,

M.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@FGS Energie

The website sizes so there is no loss of power due to peaks being cut off. Or hitting the limit.

The excel you can size however and keep in the parameters, even up to 30% oversize.

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

fgs-energie avatar image fgs-energie commented ·

That explains partially, why aren't there all the panels on the website?

0 Likes 0 ·
nam-erik avatar image nam-erik fgs-energie commented ·
Hi, the excel sheet does not allow sizing for the MPPT RS450/200. When will this be updated?
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ nam-erik commented ·
The rs 450/200 is twice the size of the 450/100 so can be worked out still.

The online one allows for all the trackers.

There are literally thousands of different panels makes brands and sizes as well as configurations of the voc and isc combinations in the world.

Seriously we dont need to be treated like children here.

0 Likes 0 ·
Lasse avatar image Lasse ♦♦ nam-erik commented ·
We will be moving away from the Excel and adding more options into the online solution. Even though excel is very powerful it is harder to keep it up to date with all the newer models with multiple trackers for example.
0 Likes 0 ·
Lasse avatar image Lasse ♦♦ fgs-energie commented ·
Hi @FGS Energie all the currently available panels should be available on the online MPPT calculator. It is also linked to Victron E-Order to make sure the DB is up to date. If a panel is missing it is possible to use the custom module tab. If you like I can check for the panel that you are missing to be sure.
0 Likes 0 ·