question

lynne avatar image
lynne asked

Smart Solar doesn't show up in the Victron app

My Victron app shows the Orion Smart, the Bus Smart and the Smart Shunt and but the smart Solar part doesn't show up. It did once! But never since. I tried emailing customer support but they were of no help. The person I bought the van from also doesn't know why it won't show up. I restarted phone. Any ideas?

smart solar set-up help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
southsideph avatar image
southsideph answered ·

Obviously there may be a fault. Have you checked the pin. If the pin is differnt or changed then you will not be able to see smart solar. Pairings you may need to reset the pin to the default and rediscover

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lynne avatar image lynne commented ·

That is entirely possible, but I don't know how to reset the pin and rediscover. Can you advise? Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
That is not correct. You always see any device in range no matter if it has the default PIN or not.

To reset the PIN you also have to see the device in the device list.

How to reset the PIN should be described in the manual

0 Likes 0 ·
lynne avatar image lynne Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
I do remember setting the pin w hen prompted but can't remember if it was just for Smart Solar or Smart Shunt and Orion. Since I can't see it, I can't check.
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Did you try to power cycle the MPPT?

In worst case someone disabled the Bluetooth of the MPPT, in that case you will need a VE.direct Bluetooth dongle or the VE.direct USB cable.

2 |3000

lynne avatar image
lynne answered ·

I have not tried that but will pass that along to the guy who built out our van who is going to take a look at it today - thanks.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic