question

bkcorwin avatar image
bkcorwin asked

skylla ip65: error 65 device disappeared

i have two skylla ip65 12/70s hooked up in parallel. terminator on each one and a ethernet cable connecting the two. On power up i get the flashing icon top left if screen indicating they are communicating and charging works as expected. However after a day or two on float both devices stop talking and i get an error 65 device disappeared. Can anyone offer solutions or explanations for this?

thanks

brian

Skylla
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
bkcorwin avatar image
bkcorwin answered ·

Bump for assistance. Any suggestions?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @bkcorwin , I found this via the thread on trawlerforum. Not resolved yet, right?

Can you explain your VE.Can wiring a bit more? Ie is it connected to NMEA2000 as well?

Or is it just a Cerbo + 2 x Skylla-i. ?

Do you know what firmware version is in the Skylla-i ?

2 |3000

bkcorwin avatar image
bkcorwin answered ·

This is not resolved no. But I've forgotten about it because when the communication fails, its on float, and you just have to accept that when you need to actually charge you have to reset them by flicking the breaker.... Seems like a pretty bad solution tbh.

There is no cerbo in the system. Its actually just two skylla ip65s, connected by an ethernet cable, with a terminator in the other port of each skylla. It is not connected to NMEA2000.

I will have to check the firmware versions. Its been 6 months and I can't recall. The other problem, is that as near as I can tell there is no way to update the firmware unless I buy a cerbo or a canusb adapter?

Its a weird problem that seems like some kind of a firmware issue because the communication works fine initially but then fails after some arbitrary time. The issue is that it when the comms drop the error 65 causes a failure status and the relay behavior changes.

2 |3000

bkcorwin avatar image
bkcorwin answered ·

Confirmed the firmware version. They are both on 1.10.

2 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Hi! Thanks for that. The latest version we have available is v1.11.

You’re right; to update fw you need either that adapter or a Cerbo (or other GX device).

Is there internet available on/near to the boat? Then I’ll ask a distributor to lend you a Cerbo; you can install it; do the firmware update; keep it there until we know all works well.

And if all doesn’t work well then the Cerbo will allow us to login remotely and solve it efficiently.

Please let me know if this is OK for you?

Have a good weekend, Matthijs

0 Likes 0 ·
Hi @bkcorwin I've sent you an email to further arrange this.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Skylla-IP65 product page (12v, 24v)

Skylla-i product page (24v)

Skylla-TG Charger product page (24v, 48v)

Skylla-TG GMDSS product page (24v)

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic