question

andrii avatar image
andrii asked

Not mixed solar

Hello guys! I have several systems for multiplus and quattro with pylontech batteries (us2000c). I have the following problem: when setting the keep batteries charged (when the batteries are 100% charged), solar energy is not mixed into the load. I use MPPT Smart Solar controllers. Please help me solve the problem. In other modes it's correct. Thanks.

MPPT ControllersMultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

@Andrii

If you have ESS assistant loaded select "DC-coupled PV -feed in excess" to ON.

screen-shot-2022-07-27-at-15311-pm.png

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

andrii avatar image
andrii answered ·
But with this setting, excess solar energy will be fed into the grid, which I do not need.
6 comments
2 |3000

marekp avatar image marekp commented ·
@Andrii

If you set the "Maximum feed-in" to 0W or even negative number it will not feed the grid.

1 Like 1 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Just try it as a test briefly. Don't leave it on, it helps narrow down the cause.

Usually with keep batteries charged, only when the batteries are full-ish, solar would power some or all of the load, the delta coming from grid.

In your case is it all coming from grid?

0 Likes 0 ·
andrii avatar image andrii nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

Yes, in my case is it all coming from grid. When DC- coupled PV is ON, solar energy mixed, but it's OFF, solar is 0 or 5W. When I do this several times, the system will start working correctly, but after a while it may repeat and the solar energy is again 0W

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ andrii commented ·
It may be worth taking a meter and when it is happening, measure the voltages at the mppt, battery and multi terminals and see if they agree and how they compare to the CVL the BMS is sending.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
@Andrii

You can also set the feed in on and set to 0w.

1 Like 1 ·
andrii avatar image andrii Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Ok, I will do it, thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·