question

2bbionic avatar image
2bbionic asked

Venus OS installation on RASPI 4 B fails

Hello,

since a couple of days I'm searching the internet for my problem but didn't found any answers:

I have an Rapi 4 Model B 2GB (don't know which Rev as it sisn't written on the board) and try to install the Venus OS on it.

Anytime, I flash the image on an SD card, the Raspi refues to boot with the green LED flashing (4 times slow, 4 times fast).

This is what I tried so far:

• Different SDcards
  • Different flashing tools (Balena, win32diskimager, Raspi Imager)
  • Different images
    • venus-image-raspberrypi4.wic.gz - latest - unzipped before
    • venus-image-raspberrypi4-20210621155918-v2.71.rootfs.wic.gz - oldest -unzipped before

When I flash an official Raspi Image, it works immediatly, no problems - so the Raspi itself is OK.

I've read already some hints i.e. https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/83659/venus-os-on-raspberry-pi-4.html) but I think this is already fixed...

My questions now are, if my version of the Raspi is supported or if there's a workaround for my problem and if there's a way to put the Victron specific tools manually on the raspi (equipped with an "normal" release)?

Any help is appreciated :D

Kind regards,

2bbionic

Venus OSRaspberry Pi
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
@2bbionic

Moved to modifications

0 Likes 0 ·
dirkmuc avatar image dirkmuc commented ·
Hello,

I am pretty sure that your Pi is a version >1.2, so it needs 2.90~12 or higher to work.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2bbionic avatar image
2bbionic answered ·

The Github-Link made it!

Thanks a lot - I didn't know that I have a rev >1.2

1 comment
2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented ·
All RPI4s sold now are the v1.4 or v1.5 circuit boards regardless of memory size. Has been for about a year now.
0 Likes 0 ·