question

Allen Roberts avatar image
Allen Roberts asked

Skylla IP65 current output low

Hello: I have a Skylla IP65 12V/70A. It is connected to Li batteries. I'm only getting about 20-30A from the charger instead of 70A. The battery mode is set to 7 (Li). Voltage is 13.5 (well below absorption). The unit has been installed for a couple of months, but this is really the first time I have used it. Thoughts?

Skylla
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Allen Roberts answered ·

A little more data. The charger is in storage mode at 13.5V which is why the current is low. The charger doesn't seem to want to start in BULK, goes right to STORAGE.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Allen Roberts answered ·

Doing an internet search on Skylla firmware, I found a post that somebody tracked this issue down to the "Watch" function (setup item 30). Turning that "off" will solve the issue with the battery stuck in storage mode.

2 |3000

Rob Fijn avatar image
Rob Fijn answered ·

Yes, that setting in menu 30 to OFF should solve your problem.

When set to ON : Watch function (start-up in storage if battery voltage >13 V)

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Skylla-IP65/en/control-and-adjustment.html

best regards,

Rob

2 |3000

Related Resources

Skylla-IP65 product page (12v, 24v)

Skylla-i product page (24v)

Skylla-TG Charger product page (24v, 48v)

Skylla-TG GMDSS product page (24v)

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic