question

boondoggler avatar image
boondoggler asked

24V 1200W Solar Set Up with 24V 600ah Battery HELP

24v-1200w-solar-24v-600ah-set-up.pngsolar-parts-list.pngHello every one, I searched for quite some time on here and other forums but I can't find the answer any where. First question is, Is my set up correct or is something undersized? And second what fuses do I need for the Shunt and the Distributor?

smart solar set-up help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Boondoggler

Are you bus bar connecting your batteries or looping them (Parellel)? Possibly use a lynx power in there instead.

I am assuming you are using the 24/3000/120v inverter. You need AWG 1/0 if your run to battery is less than 5m return for DC connections. See manual here.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

boondoggler avatar image boondoggler commented ·
Thank you for the quick reply!

I was planning on just looping the batteries together in parallel and then diagonally to the shunt. But I can run them in the Lynx Power In bus bar to the shunt.

Yes that is correct I want to use the Multiplus-II 24/3000/120 inverter/Charger. I will 1/0 awg wire from the distributer to the Inverter.

Also what size MEGA Fuse should I use in the Lynx Distributer and CNN fuse in the Lynx Shunt? 500Amps MEGA and 750Amps CNN?

I appreciate your help!

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ boondoggler commented ·

Sorry your diagram shows 4/0 for the cable from lynx to inverter.

The manual linked in my previous reply gives recommended fuse size for the inverter feed at 300A for the 24v/3000.

Size fuses for the cable sizes they are feeding.

The mppt manual also has fuse recommendations.

Panels show maximum fusing rate at 15A on the specs you posted. So a 20A breaker there should be fine.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic