question

kspare avatar image
kspare asked

150/70 Not charging?

I had the #38 and #39 error. it shows voltage peaked at 16 volts, ive followed the procedure to reset. but it still only shows 1w of solar coming in, even though it shows 78 volts on the pv side. any suggestions? I leave on a trip in 2 days.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
kspare avatar image
kspare answered ·

I ordered a replacement mppt, and it works, unfortunately, this mppt simply failed.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@kspare

Have you made sure the battery voltage is set correctly in app?

Maybe post a picture of settings

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/mppt-error-codes#err_38_err_39_-_pv_input_shutdown

2 |3000

kspare avatar image
kspare answered ·

voltage is set for 12v, amp 70, 14.6 and 13.9 float. tried cycling the charger on and off. these settings have worked for almost a year, all of a sudden I have this voltage error and nothing works. my multi plus charges just fine.

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Might help if you checked the multiplus actuals and settings.

Have you been through the recovery processes @Alexandra linked to?

1 comment
2 |3000

kspare avatar image kspare commented ·
you bet. tried that, tried to force a firmware update. this got rid of the errors, but would not enable charging. even if I drained the battery to half.
0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

@kspare

Did you check the actual battery voltage? Maybe battery is ready to be replaced.

Did you check the voltage drop on the fuse between charger and the battery?

2 |3000