question

jcottis avatar image
jcottis asked

MultiPlus-II 230V 24/3000/70-32 Complete Failure and AC-OUT 2

Just reviewing my wiring installation and redundancy options in my boat given I have several sources of power e.g. shore, generator and cruise alternator off the main engine and would like to know if the MultiPlus-II 230V 24/3000/70-32 suffered a complete failure would it still pass the input of 230v to AC-OUT 2 as a complete bypass or does the MultiPlus-II need to be functioning to bypass to AC-OUT 2 ?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
denzel avatar image
denzel answered ·

If i understand your question you giving us a scenario, In my experience the Multi will have to function as normal for the AC- OUT to supply power. To my knowledge there is no Manuel bypass in the unit, you would have to wire a changeover switch outside the unit.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Gerardo avatar image
Gerardo answered ·

Hi Jcottis,

That will depend on the type of failure the unit experiences.

If the failure makes the unit to completely switch off, the AC-out will also be disconnected due to the internal transfer switch.

Regards,

2 comments
2 |3000

jcottis avatar image jcottis commented ·
Thanks Gerado, apologies I don't really understand the diagram that well, can I operate the internal transfer switch manually if the Multiplus II fails or is it completed electronic?
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ jcottis commented ·

You should fit a bypass circuit externally.

A complete failure can’t be recovered from in any other way.

1 Like 1 ·