question

marcmu avatar image
marcmu asked

Turn on loads only when there is sufficient solar production

I have an off-grid system consisting of solar panels with peak power of 1 Kwh, Victron Multiplus ii inverter, Victron charge controller and Lifepo4 batteries with Daly BMS.

My desire would be to power a pool pump only when there is overproduction from the PV, so as not to go to discharge the batteries.

is there a possibility to set a secondary or assistant relay, which possibly activates an external 220v relay to turn the pool on and off ? what condition values could I set ?

(the main relay on the Multipluss is already used to disconnect the 12v inverter if the batteries are too low.)

I tried looking at the following product, but of course You need a feed-in of the excess current, because in an off-grid system, the charge controller stops the current from the solar panels or letting only the necessary current through, without making it possible to display the overproduction.

https://www.vemer.it/en/catalogue/measurement_and_control/control_relays/load_control/solar-3_ve474300

Thank you in advance to everyone who will help me

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers